Dear everyone,
This week was crazy. Tuesday we worked in Anchieta until 6pm and then we took the bus to Vila Velha where we stayed the night with the Zone Leaders. Wednesday morning I went to Vitória for a training meeting for district leaders. Elder Vieira went back to Anchieta with another Elder. It was way neat and inspiring. We did a lot of practicing and teaching. It was also good to get to know President Araújo a little better. I had to do a practice on making commitments with people, in this case it was extending the invitation to be baptized. I had to do it in front of everyone else. Afterwards, in the feedback everyone gave great comments including President. That was pretty neat. It´s good to know that I have learned a thing or two in one year on the mission.
On our way back to Vila Velha our bus rear ended a BMW in front of us. It was quite a hit and jolt, but only damaged the bumpers of the bus and fancy black sports car. One elderly lady in the front of the bus was standing up and when we hit she fell down and hit her head, but it seems that she was okay...they called an ambulance and everything. Adventures every day.
Then I worked the rest of Wednesday and Thursday here in Cobilândia with Elder Fischer, the zone leader. Thursday night we switched back, and I worked with Elder Vieira in Anchieta all day Friday. Saturday morning we caught the bus to Vila Velha where we watched conference in the chapel in Itapoã. We stayed the night in Cobilândia again and watched conference there all day. Then we decided to stay the night AGAin and hike up to the Catholic Convent way up on the hill here in Vila Velha. It is the most popular tourist attraction in the Vitória area and symbol of the city of Vila Velha. So we are here in Vila Velha still. Conference was excellent, though I was only able to watch the Sunday morning session in English due to various complications. Everything else was in Portuguese. Taking notes in English while hearing in Portuguese is quite a feat. I am sad that it is already over. I love conference. Now the long wait until the talks get pubished in the Liahona.
I think I forgot to mention that at the transfer all the Sisters left Terra Vermelha and were replaced with four Elders. Still all Brasilians. Our district is the only district of EIGHT Elders on the mission.
I have little time once again, but next week I will write an email of real quality. I am starting to feel more and more like a Brazilian citizen especially as I get very familiar with the cities, the bus lines, the church buildings, and the people here.
Health and happiness to all!
Elder Bodily
PS. GO ON A MISSION! See Jeffrey R. Hollands talk in the Priesthood Session of conference. www.gc.lds.org
No comments:
Post a Comment