Dear all,
This week flew by. In general, things went very well. I finished the Book
of Mormon again. We had four people in the chapel with us yesterday. Two are
referrals from the first counselor in the bishopric (24 years old, served a
mission in Recife). Two are old investigators from past missionaries. One of
the old investigators has been taught by at least 4 sets of missionaries. His
name is Rafael, and he is 20 years old. He LOVES to read and learn. He has
already read the Book of Mormon up to Ether, already read Gospel Principles, and
is reading various church books. We had a really neat conversation/lesson with
him. He has committed to finally take the step to be baptized. On December 3! He came to church
after working until 4:30am and getting home at 5am. And to get to church on time he had to walk from
his house, leaving at 7:45. He
was almost dead, but he was there!
We are teaching a woman named Joçiara, who is mother of three children.
She already had a baptismal date, but things didn´t work out. That was in
March. We ran into her and made friends with her. She is a single mom. Her
dream is to get married to someone in the church, go to church every Sunday with her husband, and
have one more child. She is 29 years old. She knows almost everything about
the missionary lessons. She has the goal to be baptized, and her kids love the
church. One of them went yesterday (Jorge Luis, 8 years old). We will try to
set a specific goal with her this week.
It is heating up here. Eeek.
Elder Collins is hilarious. And a neat missonary. We make a good team.
He likes to talk. He is taller than me and looks older than me, even though he
is 19. And, he weighs 225 pounds. So, everyone thinks he is the senior until
they hear us both talk. Funny.
I am officially the pianist in Ala Aurora. No one knows how to play in the whole ward.
They are thrilled to have a piano player, if only for a small time.
Side note, Elder Collins has a version of Risk called War. It is
Portuguese. So every night for 15 minutes we play a little. I am the second
strongest out of us four. Just in case you wanted to know.
I cleaned the shower this morning before studies. It took 40 minutes. I
used a sponge and probably a half a cup of liquid dish soap. Thick black mold
and hairballs. I don´t even want to think about how long it has been since
someone has cleaned it. Our house is so old and so dirty. Elder Collins is
tidy, but the other two Elders in the house with us are...uh...not so tidy. I
killed a cockroach last night. I saw a lizard on our floor a week ago. Gotta
love it.
I think we are going to explore downtown
Campos today. And Elder
Collins is going to buy a new memory card since his last companion borrowed his
first card, lost it, and lost all his photos. All the photos from the first 6
months of his mission.
Thanksgiving doesn´t exist here, so I think that it is legal to start
listening to Christmas music now.
Have a good week,
Elder bodily
No comments:
Post a Comment