What a wild week.
We are no longer teaching Fernando´s family. They decided to stop inviting
for a time until ´´their lives calm down a bit.´´ We´ll see.
Joelma is 19 and has many friends that are members of the church. She went
to church yesterday for the fourth time and we taught her two times this week
with two different members. She has already been to Institute, she went to the
ward activity on Friday, and she is reading and reading about everything. Her
friend from the Ala Ibes (the ward with which we share the chapel) was baptized
last week and she was there. However, for now, she is still in the
investigation mode. We challenged her to be baptized on the 18th of August. I
start to get dizzy when I think that that day I will not be in Brazil
anymore.
Weverton. MWAhahaha! We tracked him down. It took some detective work
and some good timing and some searching too. However, we found him and his
house. We had always taught him in his brother´s house. We went to visit him
with the Elders Quorum President (who will be leaving for his mission in Recife
on August 23rd). It was an excellent visit, but this time he did not invite us
back, and left his decision clear. This brought much closure to my life.
Jorge said he would go to church. He was not there yesterday.
Debora is 55 and she lives with her daughters, some sons-in-law, and some
grandchildren. She made goals with us to stop smoking. She has been
consistently diminishing her use of cigarettes and today is the first day that
she is going to try to smoke NOTHING. She is going to do it. I know. She has
been smoking since she turned 12. She is more than ready to change, and just
needed the Spirit and some friends to help her. She accepted the baptismal date
on 18th of August.
Elder Dantas received his patriarchal blessing yesterday! We had to
continue calling and calling until we finally managed to mark a time. He almost
gave up because we literally had to call 20 times over the past few weeks, but I
kept bugging him and bugging him to keep trying. Finally, yesterday after
church we met the patriarch in Itaparica and after a little more than an hour
Elder Dantas emerged all awestruck and wide-eyed. I was so happy for him. It
was a great experience for him.
I had another Festa Junina this week.
This is a party that is supposed to happen in June. Remember that we had the
party in Itacibá during my last week there. Our ward here in Glória is running
a little late. It was neat. Lots of good tasty traditional Brazilian food. I
am going to miss the food SOOOO MUCHCCHHCHH! And Joelma was there with her
friends. It was great.
Last week was neat. We went to the docks and took pictures of downtown
Vitória from across the water. There is a taxi service by canoe (is that how
you spell it?). It runs between our neighborhood, Paul and the downtown
Vitória. We tried to climb the hill that we live on, but...well...I´ll tell
that story later. Let´s just set we met some not so friendly neighbors and we
thought it best to descend quickly.
We are going to the chocolate factory today! í´M SO excited. I am wearing
my brown pants, and a brown tie. It will be great!
Have a wonderful week. Next week will be my last email.
Elder Bodily
No comments:
Post a Comment