Monday, July 18, 2011

Demorou Mas Chegou

Finally.

Edineia and Reginaldo got married. Four months after meeting the missionaries, it is official. They are husband and wife. I was there, I saw them sign the papers, exchange rings, quickly and quietly in the government office. Then we went to the little park downtown in front of the park and took some pictures. Now that they are married, they are clear for baptism. Edineia is going to be baptized on July 31. Reginaldo is a little bit in doubt, and has not been to church lately. But we are going to do absolutely everything to help him and also their daughter, Marcia get baptized on the 31st. Edineia is my favorite person that I have met on the mission. She is hilarious, has a bizarre love for chocolate that almost rivals mine, and she is a tough woman, very spiritually strong. She reminds me of my Aunt Heather.

I did another exchange and worked in the area of Laranjeiras. Laranjeiras means orange trees. I like the word. I was with Elder Caceres, who is from Buenos Aires, Argentina. In other words, we communicated all day in Spanish-Portuguese. He is new on the mission, and so it was funny to notice all of the little Spanish-isms he used without noticing in his Portuguese. It is always good to see a new area, talk with new people, have a brief companion swap, and refresh your mind. I have now worked at least one day in every area in the Vitória Zone except for ONE. There are eight areas in the zone.

I played the piano in sacrament meeting again because both of the only other two people in the ward that play were gone. What would they do without me?

The members got back from their caravan to the temple. Now I don´t have to be jealous anymore, except when they show me gorgeous photographs of them in front of the temple.

Elias was confirmed yesterday, and Francismara, the only other person I have helped get baptized here in Serra-Sede was at church yesterday! It was neat to see them both present.

The week was really rough. We found almost no one to teach. This week we ran into an unusually large number of people who were really rude to us or who tried to humiliate us. As if they could succeed.

I am so happy about the baptism of Edineia, and I am really hoping that Reginaldo will also follow suit. We have marked to visit them and leave spiritual messages at their house every day for the next two weeks until the baptisms. We have Family Home Evening there tonight. Wish us luck.

We go to the government office with another couple to mark their marriage this week. They will likely marry in September, next transfer. (Remember, Edineia and Reginaldo marked their marriage in MAY) They, Gilmar and Silvana, are rock solid and will both be baptized. They were at church yesterday even though Gilmar has a dislocated collarbone (bike accident) and it was a long bumpy 20 minute van ride for him both ways. He is a future leader in the church. Never have I met an investigator more wise. He is just a good good person.

Life is a joy, if you aren´t loving it, there´s something you need to change.

Happy week to all of you.
Elder Bodily

PS, the quote on the subject line means ´´it took forever, but it finally came´´ which came from the lips of Reginaldo about the marriage. amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment