So.
This week we were supposed to have three baptisms. Three teenage
brothers. However, last second, with the font already filled and everything,
their mom got called to work an emergency shift. She is not interested in the
Church, but she wants to be present for the baptism. Therefore, we moved the
baptism to Wednesday. It will be neat!
It was rough to get the three brothers to church. We had to go with the
ward mission leader to pick them up. They forgot to get ready, and so we got to
church an hour late. First time that´s ever happened. Then the ward mission
leader´s wife got mad at him for that and forbid him to use his car for the rest
of the day, so I paid for all three of the their bus passages, plus mine, plus
my companion (umm...Elder?...I forgot money...again.)
It is raining a lot. Summer is rainy season here. It´s great because the
clouds block the sun.
I am now living with two missionaries from São Paulo and one from
Argentina. Things are going well there. We all get along. And the two new
Elders are CLEAN! Miracle! It is so pleasant to walk into the bathroom and be
surprised to see that someone other than yourself has cleaned the mirror or
squeegeed the floor. Or see that there are no dishes in the sink.
Christmas is next week! I don´t believe it! Celebrate! Remeber our
Savior!
The following week I am going to give a
detailed account of the week. I am tired of sending tiny emails like this
home. I´m sure you are too. If anyone reads these at least.
No comments:
Post a Comment